For those of you not from Texas, jalapeño is pronounced hah lah pain yo. You gotta be able to say it correctly to learn this recipe! Most people think of the jalapeño as being extremely hot, but it actually varies from mild to hot on how it was grown and how it was prepared. These stuffed japs are actually very mild…
10 large green jalapeños
1 package 8oz. cream cheese
10 slices bacon,cut in half
12 oz. ground sausage ( I prefer Owens)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place ground sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
3. Drain sausage and place in a medium bowl. Mix with the cream cheese.
4. Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Stuff each jalapeño half with equal portions of the sausage and cream cheese mixture.Micowave bacon slices for 45 seconds on high. Wrap with half slices of bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
5. Arrange wrapped jalapeños in a large, shallow baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until the bacon is evenly brown.
Slice and de-seed the japs under water…it will save you from teary eyes and coughing from the jalapeños fumes…
We served these last night as an appetizer. They really do compliment most foods. We followed them with spinach enchiladas and chalupas compuestas. I am not sure which name I like better, Texas Torpedoes or Armadillo Eggs…just saying…